Friday, November 12, 2010

That Doggy in the Window


Anyone who has ever had a cat or dog and a reflective surface must have wondered what said animals are thinking about when they gaze at their reflection.  I don't get the impression that they recognize themselves, or else Indy has some serious self-loathing issues.  But with Lucy, I'm not so sure.  At first she would growl and bark at her reflection, but now she simply stares.  I don't know, maybe she is smarter than the *BIG* dogs who voraciously defend us from the identical dogs on the other side of the glass.  It seems she's found a way to coexist with that little white doggy in the window. 

I hope I can have that same *little dog* attitude about myself.  Sometimes we are smartest when we can look at ourselves and not attack what we see, but rather have the courage to take an honest look at what's really before us. 


Have a great weekend, everyone!
~Heather

1 comment:

  1. While it's sure interesting to speculate what the dogs might be seeing in their reflection (and hilarious to think of Indy, the ferocious one, defending against that really big, scary brown dog in the window!), I also really appreciate your comment about not attacking ourselves when we see our own reflection - but looking to what is beyond instead...good food for thought!

    ReplyDelete