Monday, December 20, 2010

Pretty (Warm) in Pink

I didn't succumb.  I am still not a little dog person.  Okay, maybe I'm a little bit of a little dog person.  Okay, so I bought Lucy a pink argyle sweater with little gemstones on the back(there were only two).  The salesman asked if I saw the raincoats.  Yes, I saw the raincoats.  I saw the dresses, too.  Dresses.  For dogs.  With "Winter 2010" on the tags - just so you'd know your dog wasn't in (God forbid!) last year's fashions.  Oy Vey.

The reason for this apparel acquisition was that Lucy has been cold.  Shaking, shivering, cold.  Indoors.  She will park herself in front of the fireplace or the space heater and be fine.  But when the creatures of the house that weigh over 11 pounds are warm enough, the fireplace goes off.  Actually, the fireplace has been on so much this winter, I'm fearing the gas bill (envelope 1 of 3?)  So I have dictated to my whining children, "Go put on a sweater and socks!".   I couldn't solve Lucy's problem this way.  Hence, the change in perspective on little dog clothing.  Maybe it is a necessity, not a neurotic condition among little dog owners.  (I still believe this exists, see "dog dresses" mentioned above)

Petco had the cute little jackets with the fur lined hoods. They were thin, and scratchy, and not lined.  Besides, fur?  Really?  If you have ever seen a dog chase it's tail then you would know adding fur around it's area of peripheral vision does not a clever idea make.  Then I saw this sweater.  This adorable argyle pink sweater with rhinestones(only two, remember?  Okay, they were heart-shaped.)  It was warm.  It was thick and really felt like it could serve it's purpose.  And Lucy would look so stinkin' cute in it.

At least I didn't get a raincoat.  Although... if we were to take her out in the rain, it wouldn't take much for her to get soaked to the bone.  Hmmm... I wonder if they come in pink?

1 comment:

  1. Looks like Lucy's on her way to becoming a top model...great pic!

    ReplyDelete