Saturday, January 1, 2011

Going Places in 2011


Happy New Year!
I love the new year.  A fresh start, a clean slate, and motivation to tackle everything from weight loss to clutter to enriching the mind & soul.  Well, for a couple of days at least!


For my middle-school graduation, the teachers at our school read us the book, "Oh, the Places You'll Go" by Dr. Seuss.  I still 'get' something out of this book every time I read it.  It was a favorite with my kids when they were younger, and one of their childhood books that I saved(How can you give away Dr. Seuss?!).  In fact, I dug through the baskets of kids' books this week to pull it out and re-read it to my kids.  Have you read it lately?  May I suggest pulling it out of your collection, or looking it up at your local library?  For who can't be encouraged by lines like...
You have brains in your head. 
You have feet in your shoes. 
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.

Step with care and great tact
 and remember that Life's
a Great Balancing Act.

Out there things can happen
and frequently do
to people as brainy
and footsy as you. 

And when things start to happen
don't worry.  Don't stew. 
Just go right along. 
You'll start happening too.


What places are you going in 2011?



"For I know the plans I have for you.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."   Jeremiah 29:11


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment