Thursday, January 20, 2011

It's Pretty Quiet Around Here...

I just got a call from the vet's, and they say Lucy came through her surgery just fine(no word on whether we should expect 'menopaws' - sorry, couldn't resist)  She'll spend the night at the vet's for a little extra down time & healing.  Hopefully, this whole weekend can be quiet and restful.  I just re-read that.  Ha, ha, ha!  Well, we'll do our best.

Tonight, on the other hand, is rather quiet.  A picture of what once was.  Two Labs, albeit bored ones, are sprawled out on the big green pillow by the fireplace.  My 8th grader and I are at the kitchen table hashing out the pre-algebra problems we refused to deal with this morning.  There is no huffing, puffing, or growling(from the dogs anyway... the algebra homework is another story).  The kitchen floor is devoid of the sound of claws scrambling on the hardwood.  There isn't a single backyard yap to quiet.  I can't decide if the absence of little dog noise is peaceful or eerie.  Perhaps I'm growing. 

The title words of the Herman's Hermits song, "There's a Kind of Hush" are running through my mind unsolicited.  It's kind of catchy.  Can you hear it too?
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment