Thursday, March 24, 2011

Welcome Spring!

Spring came and I missed it!  I was in bed, sleeping.  Actually, I'm still in bed, but am catching up on some 221 odd emails in my inbox, and grappling with the guilt of not updating the blog. 

After nearly two weeks of being knocked down by the flu and pneumonia, I am ready for spring!  {Just not ready to get out of bed}  It has been so wonderful to have every window in the house flung wide open, fresh air with just a *touch* of the sea baptizing the house with crisp restoration.

I can't wait to join my kids & the dogs on a walk.  Not there yet... still a few more days of bed rest.  But they have all made it out several days in a row.  Unfortunately, I have no photos.  Sending three kids, two and a half dogs, and a camera does not a successful walk make.  I find a photo-less post rather dull.  It means I must rely on my writing skills.  Which at the moment, are on bed-rest with me. (I'm sure somewhere there's a pillow embroidered with the saying, "friends don't let friends write while on codeine")

That said, I just snuck downstairs and took a few photos...*wheeze* *cough* *don't tell!*





Well, that's it for now.  I just didn't want you to think we had packed up and left town.  Or forgot all our online passwords and could not log on to Blogger.  Or had gotten horribly, horribly sick and never recovered.  We are here.  And I promise a better post next time.
~Heather

3 comments:

  1. I love this weather we've been having! I don't know how long it's been since I've been on the trampoline...since last summer I guess *giggle*
    Love you lots, Mom!
    *Allie*

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see your post. I did, in fact, come here to check on you. I was one of those who thought you were "horribly horribly sick and hadn't recovered!" It's so nice to see that you're on the mend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allie, I almost posted the spring-ee pics of you and Zack on the trampoline. But I thought I'd save those for later. They did turn out really cute!

    Kelli! You crack me up. Thanks for checking in on me. Hopefully we can get together soon!

    ReplyDelete