Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Busy Doing... Nothing


Physicists argue whether time is finite or infinite.  I think they're barking up the wrong tree.  I think time has a mind of its own - some viscous, irregular, twisted property that doesn't like to commit.  On many occasions, I have gotten to the end of the week, exhausted and ready for the weekend, only to sit back and wonder, "Where did the time go?"  I look at my calendar.  Eh, it's got some stuff, but nothing like some of the super-scheduled families I know. 

Weekends can sneak up in the same manner.  All of a sudden it's Monday and people are saying, "So, what did you do over the weekend?"  My standard reply is "We were really busy.  But I can't remember what we were doing!"  I really think time is a sneaky creature. 

This past week was busy at Two and a Half Dogs.  Not filled with appointments or have-tos, just busy.  We took the dogs out for walks nearly every day.  We did homeschool & co-op.  We attempted to jog at the park (stop laughing).  Lucy found a new "spot" where she can comfortably rest while looking out the window at the world going by.  Unfortunately, she is more interested in what's going on inside and hops down before I can get a picture.  My daughter attended her first dance, and my sons took their first long bike ride of the season.  We read outdoors, played with the dogs, tried to tidy up the house.  Did some laundry, paid some bills, burnt two dinners in one week.  I can't remember the last time I'd done that. 

I know we all have the same 24 hours a day, yet I feel in my core they ebb and flow.  Some weeks linger while others vanish without so much as a Howdy-do.  In the end, all the little nothings do add up to something, I suppose.

  

0 comments:

Post a Comment