Friday, June 17, 2011

Capt'n, I Don't Know How Much More She Can Take


A thick, Lowland Scottish voice is echoing in my head;
"Capt'n, I don't know how much more she can take!" 

Today, Indy thought it somehow belittling that the little dog claims the trampoline as her territory.  He was, after all, here first.  Ergo the yard is more his than hers.  Simple sibling birth-order logic.  So he hauled his 100 pound keester up onto the trampoline and began to bark.  He barked for attention, barked to boast his accolade, barked to reclaim this springy part of his yard.

{This from the dog who looks mournfully up at you when tasked with hopping into the back of the truck.}

Jack doesn't seem to be as bothered by the "neener, neener, neener" aspect of it all.  I think the effect of the trampoline may have scared him off.  It's wavy and unstable.  Rather like water.  Jack is not a fan of water.  The genes responsible for letting him know he is a Labrador, and Labradors love water, must have been on extended hiatus.

Here's hoping the weekend is less turbulent, and the trampoline net holds out.
If not, I suppose it will make for an interesting read. 
As always, I'm so glad you took time to stop by.

~Heather




1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of Indy! He's all like, "I'm not quite sure of this, yet. But I should stay on it anyway..."
    *Allie*

    ReplyDelete