Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Other Side of the Screen



You've heard about the grass on the other side of the fence?  Well, same goes for the space on the other side of the screen door.  It's not that we want to exclude our dogs from our family time{well, perhaps at dinner time} but I've noticed that whatever side of the slider screen door we happen to be on is where they have decided they desperately need to be. 





This might not be so much of a problem for long stretches of time, but when I'm barbecuing and in-and-out and in-and-out from the kitchen to the yard, this incessant need to be with the humans gets old.  Fast.  Jack, honey, I love you.  Really I do.  But try not to look so forlorn when I slide the screen door between us.  If I wait to let you in, then Lucy and Indy will wonder what's up and come scampering/barreling, respectively, towards the door.  This may result in mere annoyance {me, impatiently standing there with my raw hamburger-covered hands poised like a doctor who's scrubbed in and is waiting for gloves} or destruction {Indy: "what screen door?"}.  This leaves Dad grumbling about having to go through the process of resetting the screen. {thank you, Ken}

Then, just maybe, when all is said and done, we can sit down and share that sixth burger.  It's really good... the 80/20 kind.

0 comments:

Post a Comment